Friday 20 September 2013

My favourite quotes from Looking for Alaska



"The only way out of the labyrinth of suffering is to forgive."

"I may die young, but at least I'll die smart."

"At some point you just pull of the Band-Aid and it hurts, but then it's over and you're relieved"

"And then something invisible snapped inside her, and that wich had come together commenced to fall apart"
 a.k.a. my life

"That is the fear: I have lost something important and I cannot find it, and I need it. It's fear like if someone lost his glasses and went to the glasses store and they told him that the  world has run out of glasses and he would just have to do without."

"We need never be hopeless because we can never be irreperably broken."

"Scared isn't a good enough excuse. Scared is the excuse everyone has always used."

"When you stop wishing things wouldn't fall apart, you stop suffering when they do."
When I think of it, this one is so true! I really need to follow this quote more often.


"There are always answeres. We just have to be smart enough to find them."

"I go to seek a great perhaps"


And at last but not least, my favourite quote of all time
"Everything that comes together falls apart. Everything. The chair I'm sitting on. It was built, and so it will fall apart. I'm gonna fall apart, probably before this chair. And you're gonna fall apart. The cells and organs and systems that make you you - they came together, and so must fall apart. The Buddah knew one thing science didn't prove for millennia after his death: Entropy increases. Things fall apart."



- John Green, Looking for Alaska

No comments:

Post a Comment