Wednesday 18 September 2013

I can't think of anything creative to name this post

My bestfriend said to me today : I'm so hungry! But I won't eat because... Eeeh..I shouldn't say why" but she continued anyway : " I want to lose weight"¨

My first thought was "Well THANK YOU very much!!" She knows about my Ana and how much she affects my daily life now since I'm fighting her as well as I can, but still she just had to finish that sentence.
I didn't answer her. What she said gave Ana an energy-kick so I couldn't answer since me and Ana were fighting about wether she (ana) is right about no food = beauty, weightloss and happiness or I am right about healthy food = healthy body.

My mind constantly shifts between thinking "I'm right" and "Ana is right". Unfortunately Ana is stronger during schoolhours, probably because of an old habit of not being allowed by her(Ana) to bring food with me and not realizing that there was something wrong with it.

About my bestfriend, I'm devestated that she has those thoughts. No one should go through them and I sure hope my struggle doesn't negatively affect her. I wouldn't say that she has an ED, those are just typical teenage thoughts, especially here in Norway. Everyone, and by that I mean literally EVERYONE is obsessed with diets, fitness and weightloss. Not weird considering how the Norwegian community is. Every other commercial is about weightloss and diets. No joke.
That's only making my recovery process even easier...not.

And just to have said it: she did eat an icecream 15 minutes later. Thank God! 


Sorry for the depressing post, just had to let it out

No comments:

Post a Comment