Monday 23 December 2013

Christmas

I don't feel like it is Christmas tomorrow. I feel like it is far away, or at least I wish it was. Even though I enjoy Christmas, there is so much about it that makes me anxious. The food, not being with my whole family which I love so much, and receiving gifts. I don't like receiving. I love giving, but receiving has always been tough. I feel like people use up too much time on me a.k.a. time wasted. I don't want to sound depressing, or have this post as one of the depressing post because it isn't. It shouldn't be. Hallo, Christmas is tomorrow and during Christmas everyone should be happy, right?

I am one of those people who uses way too much money on gifts. I like giving, I always have. Since I was like 8 years old, all I've wanted was people giving a goat or hens to poor kids and families in Africa instead of buying me some useless gift that anyways would end up in the trash at one time or another. But that I've never gotten. I've mentioned it, but never been taken seriously. Well well, I just have to try harder next year.

Christmas isn't about the gifts, the food, the Christmas lights or freshly baked cookies. It is about family. It is about enjoying each other's time and be kind to one another. Not only our aunt's, uncles or grandparents, but the biggest family on earth. EVERYONE. We are a one big family, we work together on making the world a better place, just like our closest family works on keeping our family together. Yes we go to wars, we ruin things for one another, we aren't always friends. But is that any different from a typical close family? I am going to be honest here and not make my family look perfect, because we aren't. We fight, we aren't always friends and we sometimes ruin something for one another. But that doesn't make us less of a family, does it?
We are a one humongous family, no matter if you like it or not. We don't have to be perfect to be a family, because we aren't. In fact nobody is.

During christmas we all should think of the people in this world who don't have a close family, who don't have a roof over their head, who don't have food or clean water. They are like our younger siblings.
Sometimes we have to look out for our siblings,  we sometimes have to take care of them. So take care of each other and have a merry and joyful Christmas!
-M

No comments:

Post a Comment